Onion FocacciaA web-exclusive recipe from Italian Cooking and Living
- 6 onions, minced
- 1 ounce lard
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup freshly grated grana padano
- 1 pinch powdered cinnamon
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pre-baked pizza crusts
Combine the onions, lard, eggs, grana padano, cinnamon, saffron,
olive oil, and white wine in a terrine. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in
the oven at 375° until the onions melt down. Mix well and pour in a bowl. Pour
the mixture over the 2 pizza crusts and bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 375°.
Makes 2 focaccias.
Copyright © 2006, Italian Cooking and Living. All rights reserved.
Print Friendly Version / E-mail to a Friend
• Back to Recipe Listing / • Restart Recipe Browser