From Italian Cooking and Living, October/November 2003
- 6 leaves lettuce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 loaf cocktail-size bread, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 8 canned mussels, drained
Thoroughly wash the lettuce leaves, and dry them well. Thinly
slice the lettuce, and place it in a bowl along with the vinegar and oil. Season
with salt and pepper, and mix well. Lightly toast the slices of bread. Spoon
the lettuce mixture onto each slice of bread, and top each with one mussel.
Copyright © 2006, Italian Cooking and Living. All rights reserved.
Print Friendly Version / E-mail to a Friend
• Browse/Search for other Recipes